If you’re someone who likes good photography from around the world, here are six websites I’ve run across that will give you a daily or weekly fix. All are for your viewing enjoyment, and some are hoping for your contributions:
- National Geographic photo of the day
- National Geographic travel photo of the week
- Smithsonian Magazine photo of the day
- CNN travel photo of the day
- Condé Nast photo of the day
- Lonely Planet photo of the week contest
The accompanying photo is of the Empire State Building, named by Cornell University scientists the most photographed landmark in the most photographed city on earth. Number 2 on the list is London and Trafalgar Square, which, given the drawing power of the Olympics, is probably solidifying its position over San Francisco and Union Square, at number 3.
Go here for Budget Travel’s slideshow of the complete top-25 places, with tips on how to capture the best photographs of them.