Places and Destinations: What Do You Know?
January 6, 2019 § Leave a comment
I don’t read travel magazines much. I just don’t seem to fit into their target demographic. I like to dream, but I can’t afford to visit most of their “Bucket List Destinations for this year!” No, the the magazines I normally browse are less apt to showcase the five best restaurants in Paris than they are to feature the latest 2-for-$5 meals at McDonald’s.
But travel mags can be more than just catalogues for vacation ideas. They can also be educational. Take, for instance, Afar, which teaches that you don’t actually need a bucket list. In fact, its writers tell us why you should take your list and tear it up and throw it out.
An even better learning experience can be found in Afar‘s online quizzes. Covering desserts to UNESCO sites, here are ten mini exams to test your global knowledge. Even if you don’t learn something new, they’ll help you find out what you don’t know. And after you get your results (just click “Skip This Step” at the end), Afar will give suggestions on articles you can read to brush up more on each topic. Isn’t that nice of them?
- Are You a Geography Nerd? Prove It.
- Can You Match These Holidays to Their Home Countries?
- Can You Match These Sister Cities?
- How Well Do You Know Your World Capitals?
- How Well Do You Know These Desserts from around the World?
- How Well Do You Know Food around the World?
- How Well Do You Know UNESCO World Heritage Sites?
- Test Your Knowledge of Independence Days around the World
- Test Your Knowledge of World Architecture
- Match the Metro to the City